About NVCYE Program
Nepal Volunteers and Cultural Youth Exchange Program (NVCYE Program) is a non-profit organization registered with the social welfare Council of Nepal government. It was established in 2004 with the aim of empowering local communities to implement and organize community development, education and conservation projects. Since its establishment, it has been running volunteers program in Nepal for volunteer promotion and cultural exchanges. NVCYE Program offers year-round volunteer program in the area of teaching, orphanage, conservation and health. Our focus thus far has been primarily on community development and conservation projects. Though our central office is situated in Kathmandu, our work is presently scattered throughout 6 of the 75 districts of Nepal. NVCYE Program is a non-profit organization and receives no government support or major corporate backing. This is why it depends on the generosity of volunteers and contributors to promote its program in different parts.
Our Mission and Objectives
NVCYE Program aims to offer cross-cultural learning opportunities and meaningful volunteer programs for international volunteers in Nepal. Through community based programs and home stays, NVCYE Program also aims to promote social and personal development, provide intercultural learning experiences for young people, contribute to rural development and promote cross-cultural understanding, equality, tolerance and world peace.
As per the preamble of the ICYE Constitution, NVCYE is Committed to:
- The principle of equality among cultures, nations and sexes.
- Providing experiences that will encourage international and inter cultural understanding.
- Justice for all persons who suffer from social, political, economic and personal injustice.
- Break through the barriers between cultures and people.
- Helping participants to become aware of the issues and problems in the local and national community in order to have a better understanding of worldwide socio economic, political issues and problems.
- Encouraging commitment to act on these understandings, both during the exchange experience and beyond.